Prada launches a new men’s fragrance in September 2012, named after the sailboat and sailing team “Red Moon” or Luna Rossa, which competes in the America’s Cup.
Prada Luna Rosse Eau de Toilette
Inspired by the values of top-level sailing, the new Prada men’s fragrance was built on a quest for excellence.
Luna Rossa Perfume
Daniela Andrier has developed an uncompromising masculine fragrance that skilfully reinterprets traditional ingredients. A contemporary dimension is given back to lavender, a cult ingredient in men’s perfumery. A wave of aromatic freshness shakes up the fragrance to give it strength and energy while respecting its noble and sensual signature.
Luna Rossa bottle
The bottle is inspired by the line and the beauty of racing boats. A design where contemporary and elegance are one. The metal surrounding the bottle evokes the technology of the Luna Rossa catamaran. The bottle was designed by Yves Behar, designer of revolutionary objects, some of which are exhibited in prestigious museums in New York.
The graphic, masculine and contemporary case plays on the contrast of textures by associating matt and shiny varnishes. As on the bottle, the iconic red line frozen in its movement gives the sensation of speed.
Luna Rossa Complementary Line
The perfume is available in 50, 100 and 150 ml and there is a complementary range composed of:
- a Luna Rossa shower gel 200 ml: A transparent gel that cleanses, protects, tones and leaves the sensation of intense freshness. Panthenol (pro vitamin B5): soothes, calms, protects and hydrates while providing comfort.
- a Luna Rossa spray deodorant in 150 ml: a spray deodorant that provides energizing and lasting freshness.
- Luna Rossa After Shave Lotion: an energizing lotion to refresh and soothe. Brings a feeling of well-being and softness to freshly shaved skin. Bisabolol: soothes dry, sensitive and irritated skin. Witch hazel from Virginia: astringent, soothing and calming properties. Allantoin: accelerates healing, moisturizes and soothes.
America’s Cup – Luna Rossa Team
It is the oldest sports trophy in the history of sport, the most demanding and the most coveted. The ultimate consecration in the world of sailing. It is a race in which technology and people compete on a playing field conditioned by the forces of nature. The keen enthusiasm generated by the competition as well as by the beauty and grace of the spectacle of the boats slicing through the foam make it an event followed with passion all over the world.
- 1851: The America’s Cup was born when the schooner “America” belonging to the Commodore of the New York Yacht Club, crossed the Atlantic to challenge the English.
- 1883: The Louis Vuitton Cup is created in order to select the best challenger for the America’s Cup.
- 1997: Patrizio Bertelli founds the Prada Challenge team for the America’s Cup 2000.
- 2000: The Luna Rossa team wins the Louis Vuitton Cup during its first participation.
- 2011: The Luna Rossa team wins the Extreme Sailing Series, one of the most prestigious international multihull regatta circuits.
- 2012: Launch of the Prada Luna Rossa perfume.
- 2013: The final of the 34th America’s Cup will take place in September in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Olfactory Family: Aromatic – Woody – Citrus
Top Notes: Lvender, Bitter Orange.
Heart Notes: Sage, Spearmint.
Base note: Absolute ambrette.